Implementation and Revision of MSP? - MFMR
IMPLEMENTATION AND REVISION OF MSP
MSP in Namibia is implemented through a collaborative, participatory and integrative approach that engages all stakeholders concerned (marine users and regulators) to ensure and enable a process through which they cooperate in working towards (an) agreed Marine Spatial Plan(s).
The MSP process will consider any licenses, permits and other management measures that currently exist. In future, sectoral planning and decision-making in terms of issuing licenses, permits and other management measures in the marine environment is expected to be consistent with the forthcoming Marine Spatial Plan(s), which are to be approved by government.
Marine spatial plans are reviewed every 7 to 10 years but that doesn't restrict any amendment of the plan earlier if there is a need of amending it.
- Marine Act, 2000 (Act 27 of 2000)
- Marine Regulations Relating to the Exploitation of Marine Resources
- Marine Resources Policy, 2004 - White Paper
- Application for Registration as Importer of Live Aquatic Organisms, Aquatic Organism Products or other Commodities
- Policy Statement (guidelines) for the Granting of Rights to Harvest Marine Resources and Allocation of Quota Revised
- Aquaculture Act